Lodge Information and Guidelines!
You have captured a unique and powerful facet of God’s heart with this ministry. God blessed our time and his spirit was strong in this place.
Pastor / Lodge Guest
Here is some important information for your visit. You can find photos of the Lodge on our Facebook page; when you’re able, put a comment there for us or tag us in your own photos! We would love your help to spread the word!
Energize Lodge Address:
1315 Serenity Drive, Martinsville, VA 24112
Gate Code: 2020 and then hold the bottom right arrow button.
The house will be unlocked.
Check In – 2:00pm and Check Out – 12:00 noon
We provide this lodge for pastors and their families to have connection time, or for staff retreats. It is through the grace of God that we are able to keep it open for hundreds of people each year. Please help us keep it in great shape and keep costs down by adhering to the guidelines and cleaning instructions below.
- There are five bedrooms (1 king, 3 queens, 2 twins, a pack-n-play (in closet upstairs) 3.5 baths, one indoor and one outdoor fireplace (Lot’s of wood).
- All linens and towels will be fresh. If you don’t need to use them, leave them in the same condition. Otherwise, see the cleaning instructions below.
- Washer and dryer available.
- Kitchen is fully stocked with everything except food. All the utensils, plates, coffee pot, K-cups, crock pot and the like are there.
- No WIFI (makes a great time to unplug from the world)
- You are welcome to anything on the property, just please leave it as you found it or better.
- Please feel free to bring any outdoor toys you want (ATVs, guns, and ammo for clay shooting, etc.). ABSOLUTELY NO HUNTING OF WILDLIFE ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY! ALL FIREARMS MUST BE SECURED IN YOUR VEHICLE WHEN NOT BEING USED. THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE CABIN AT ANY TIME.
- There are nearly 700 acres and 12 miles of mountain trails to explore! At most intersections, there is a wooden post with an arrow that points back to the lodge.
- It’s very easy to get turned around on the trails, and it is very remote, so please exercise extreme caution at all times.
- Don’t EVER go out on your own!
- Absolutely NO DRUGS or ALCOHOL allowed on property.
- If you use any Energize Ministries vehicles (Side-by-Sides or Gator) or your own, please stay off the grass. Stay only on driveway and marked trails.
- Bring Smores supplies or other items to cook over the outdoor fire.
- Our cleaning instructions are short. Please go through the list so that our costs stay low – it’s not much of a burden for the price/experience.
LODGE CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
In order to keep the Energize Ministries’ Lodge ready for our next guests, please help us with the following:
FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN A SERVICE FEE OF $250
- Sweep and vacuum all floors (vacuum and dust buster in laundry room).
- Clean out the refrigerator of all perishable foods that you brought.
- Empty all trash cans and take the trash with you as we have no trash pickup.
- Wash all used towels and sheets. It’s fine to leave the last load in the dryer.
- Remake used beds with clean sheets for our next guests. Extra sheets are available in the master bath closet so that you don’t have to wait for all the bedding to dry.
- Wash all dirty dishes. Empty dishwasher.
- Wipe down bathroom sinks, toilets and mirrors (cleaning supplies are under vanities and in laundry room).
- Return everything to where you found it.
- Turn off all lights.
- Set all three thermostats to 55 degrees in winter and 76 degrees in summer.
- Close all upstairs doors.
- Leave Lodge doors UNLOCKED for the next guests. However, please make sure all the doors to the outside (Including the door in the great room) are FULLY closed. They can blow open if not and allow critters to enter.
You won’t see any other people, just lots of wildlife!
Be safe! Enjoy!